XML data types

groups
Hi,

did anyone work with implemented  something like an XMLvalue?
My goal is to serialise an XML dom object.

Best
Moritz

Re: XML data types

Stephan Ewen
Hey Moritz!

Per our discussion yesterday, whether a data type works depends on how it
is handled. Certain types are handled by the system directly (primitives,
boxed primitives, arrays, Value types and Hadoop Writables.

Other types are delegated to Avro. Avro has some limitation when it comes
to collections, that currently limits types. We plan to move the generic
serialization to Kryo.

See also here:
http://stratosphere.eu/docs/0.5/programming_guides/java.html#types

Stephan