[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.4, 1.12.5, 1.13.2

[DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.4, 1.12.5, 1.13.2

dwysakowicz
Hi devs,

Quite recently we pushed, in our opinion, quite an important fix[1] for
unaligned checkpoints which disables UC for broadcast partitioning.
Without the fix there might be some broadcast state corruption.
Therefore we think it would be beneficial to release it soonish. What do
you think? Do you have other issues in mind you'd like to have included
in these versions.

Would someone be willing to volunteer to help with the releases as a
release manager? I guess there is a couple of spots to fill in here ;)

Best,

Dawid

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.4, 1.12.5, 1.13.2

Konstantin Knauf-4
Hi Dawid,

Thank you for starting the discussion. I'd like to add
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23025 to the list for Flink
1.13.2.

Cheers,

Konstantin

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 3:26 PM Dawid Wysakowicz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> Quite recently we pushed, in our opinion, quite an important fix[1] for
> unaligned checkpoints which disables UC for broadcast partitioning.
> Without the fix there might be some broadcast state corruption.
> Therefore we think it would be beneficial to release it soonish. What do
> you think? Do you have other issues in mind you'd like to have included
> in these versions.
>
> Would someone be willing to volunteer to help with the releases as a
> release manager? I guess there is a couple of spots to fill in here ;)
>
> Best,
>
> Dawid

Konstantin Knauf

https://twitter.com/snntrable

https://github.com/knaufk

Re: [DISCUSS] Releasing Flink 1.11.4, 1.12.5, 1.13.2

Piotr Nowojski-5
Hi,

Thanks for bringing this up. I think before releasing 1.12.x/1.13.x/1.14.x,
it would be good to decide what to do with FLINK-23011 [1] and if there is
a relatively easy fix, I would wait for it before releasing.

Best,
Piotrek

[1] with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-23011

pt., 18 cze 2021 o 16:35 Konstantin Knauf <[hidden email]> napisaƂ(a):